Richard’s role covered a full range of both strategic and generalist HR items including time and attendance, performance management, handling of grievance and disciplinary cases, numerous re-structures, TUPE transfers in and out, creation and delivery of training modules, interpretation and application of Company policies and terms and conditions of employment, the introduction of a standardised appraisal system including the introduction of and training out the use of agreed Company competences, national and local consultation with Trade Unions and Employee Forums, plus the preparation and presentation of cases in the Employment Tribunals.
Of particular note in my time working with Richard he was responsible for the following: –
· Preparation of and presentation of bid documentation for NHS contracts; due diligence on potential acquisitions and construction of data rooms for potential disposals. Following on from this, the successful handling of a large number of TUPE transfers both in and out of the business along with numerous internal re-structures, with no associated litigation issues
· Creation and continual monitoring/updating of all relevant employment related policies and procedures, in addition to the provision of complete management tool kits, standard forms and letters to support these policies. Furthermore, the creation of a database of all such documents (in excess of 500) which is available to all employees in real time from the Company Intranet
· Introduction of a standardised and detailed Competency Dictionary to assist with the measurement of all employees in relation to the “how” linked directly to the Company’s values, and linked this to the introduction of an on-line appraisal and development system
· Design, implementation and management of a set of on-line workflows to provide direct feed of all people related information (permission to hire, recruitment, induction, probationary reviews, changes to terms and conditions, annual appraisals, leavers, records of grievance and disciplinary cases, sickness absence and timekeeping) to both feed the payroll system, ensure the provision of correct contracts and other related documentation and ensure the provision of accurate, timely and meaningful MIS.
· Detailed provision of a range of training courses on both legal requirements and HR best practice to especially support management on the correct application of all Company policies and procedures as described above
At all times, Richard demonstrated a wide range of knowledge in terms of employment law and HR best practice combined with a high level of commercial understanding, pragmatic and analytical problem solving skills and common sense, and was a trusted support to both senior and local management teams he worked with and was always trusted to come up with a reasonable and workable solution to all issues and to ensure that those solutions were implemented.